Flu & Covid Vaccinations – You will soon be able to book!
Flu and COVID-19 are caused by viruses that spread very easily and can cause some people to become seriously ill, resulting in hospitalisation or even death. Older people and those with certain health conditions are more at risk. This winter we expect to see flu and COVID-19 circulating at the same time so it’s very important to get protected to reduce the risk of being admitted to hospital due to these infections.
As with previous years, Channel View Medical Group will be providing FREE Flu & Covid vaccinations for all eligible patients from the start of October.
The national guidance for who is eligible for vaccination has now been published and we will be inviting all patients in the following groups to book with our Practice:
- residents in a care home for older adults;
- all adults aged 65 years and over;
- persons aged 6 months to 64 years in a clinical risk group;
- frontline health and social care workers;
- persons aged 12 to 64 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression;
- persons aged 16 to 64 years who are carers and staff working in care homes for older adults.
We are hoping to be able to confirm the dates for our clinics by Friday 18th August and we will open them up to bookings at that time.
On behalf of the Channel View Partners