To find out further information about your nearest HOPE course, please contact either –
Olivia Weight: (01803 210493 / firstname.lastname@example.org)
Debbie Maynard: (07976 895349 / email@example.com)
General Contact details
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust
For further assistance or to receive this information in a different format:
The Help to Overcome Problems Effectively (HOPE) programme supports people living with health conditions and those closest to them to explore ‘What’s important to me?’
The course supports you to focus on yourself as a person not as a health condition and to explore strategies to keep yourself well. Attending the course will boost your self-confidence and resilience to help you cope emotionally, psychologically and practically.
The 6 week course is free to attend and takes place at various times and locations throughout Torbay and South Devon. Each weekly session lasts for 2½ hours and is run by trained HOPE facilitators: health and social care professionals as well as volunteers living with a long term condition.
What can you expect from a HOPE programme?
There are between 6 to 12 people on each course and time is spent in facilitated discussions, group activities, information sharing and ideas for you to try between each session.
You will find:
- A warm, friendly atmosphere
- Support when you need it
- General small group discussions on topics such as:
- Managing fatigue
- Getting active
- Feeling good
- Goal setting
- Gratitude diary
- Managing stress
What can the HOPE programme do for you?
People who have already attended the programme tell us that they:
- Feel reassured and able to recognise own potential to make positive changes
- Use positive communication skills and reflective listening
- Feel more confident in dealing with emotional issues – depression, anxiety, anger and frustration.
- Know how to achieve long and short term plans for change by using the goal setting and problem solving steps.
- Are able to use the relaxation techniques practised on the course to refresh the mind and body
- Are less isolated
- Feel more able to support and share with others
Working with you, for you.